Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sioux City History & Culture by Bicycle Part 1: Sculpt Siouxland.

For about 4 blocks in Sioux City's downtown there are sculpted pieces along 4th st. The project is put on by Sculpt Siouxland partnered with Downtown Partners & Sioux City Growth Organization. Some of the pieces are no longer on display. The pieces are owned by the artists & are on display for one year unless they are a permanent piece.

I did a self guided walking & bicycle tour of these art pieces. I could have used my Jeep, but why? When walking & biking is much more fun & eco-friendly.

If anyone would like me to take them around to show them what Sioux City has to offer as far as culture please drop me a line & let me know when you'll be here. If I can I will be glad to meet you & we can ride our bikes to the differant locations around the city to see these wonderful sites.

This is only part 1 I have 4 other parts to post. Please stay tuned.

Here are the websites:
Sioux City Growth Organization
Sculpt Siouxland
Sculpt Siouxland Map

Here are pics. of the pieces still available for public view:






























































No comments:

Post a Comment