Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sioux City History and Culture by Bicycle, Sioux City's Terra Cotta recap.

I have posted about most of the terra cotta buildings in the book Breaking the Mold, Sioux City's Terra Cotta. I have yet to post about the terra cotta buildings on Historic 4th St. That will happen when post about the Historic 4th St. Walking Tour.

There are also 5 buildings in the back of the book that are labeled as
other notable buildings
. The only info. for these buildings is the name, year built, architect & architectural style. I am going to post about these 5 buildings after I post about Historic 4th, the Pearl St. Research Center, Trinity Heights, the Pierce Mansion, the Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center & the Adams Nature Preserve.

After I post about what I mentioned above I am going to use a list from the National Register of Historic Places for Woodbury County. It is a 13 page list that has the buildings in the county that are on the list. Some of them have already been posted about. For those I will create a simple blog post with a list of links to the blog postings for those buildings. The others will have a more indepth posting about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment