Thursday, December 11, 2008

History and Culture by Bicycle: Update

As a lot of you can tell I have not posted anything recent in this blog. The reason is simple. It is too darn cold, snowy and icy out to be going out and taking photo's. At least for me it is. How ever that does not mean I am not busy gathering the info. I need to continue with posting about historical and cultural sites, locations and events. Far from it. I do have a few things to post about that I need to do a little bit more of a internet search for.

I am also working on my next large historical project for this blog. It is going to be on William LaBarth Steel. I have already posted about his architectural style and some of the buildings he designed or has taken credit for designing. I have a lot more to post about and have recently found out I have barely scratched the surface. I am doing most of my research at the Pearl Street Research Center in downtown Sioux City. They literally have several boxes of files on Steele.

Here is a tentative idea on how I am going to post about William L. Steele. First I will do a recap post about all of the buildings he is credited for desiging that I have posted about so far. These buildings will be catagorized by type, commercial, churches and houses. They will be in one post that will include more information that I have on him. Then I will post about the buildings he is credited for that I have not posted about, like the buildings I have psoted about they will be catagorized by type, commercial, churches and then houses. After which I will post about the buildings he is credited for that are no longer standing today and again they too will be catagorized as mentioned above. Included in this information will be information from a thesis that was written about him called Sermons in Stone. It is about the churches he designed.

I have a lot of research to do on William L. Steele and by the time it is noce enough to take photo's of the buildings I will have enough to start posting about him once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment